- What is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
It is an inflammatory disease that can cause some of the small bones in your spine to fuse. Which will make your bones stiff. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis in Chennai and will assist in you with best possible ways.
- What are the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis?
The areas usually affected by ankylosing spondylitis are:
- The joint between the base of your spine and your pelvis
- The vertebrae in your lower back
- The places where your bones are attached to your tendons and ligaments
- The cartilage between your breastbone and ribs
- Your hip and shoulder joints
- What are the causes of Ankylosing Spondylitis?
It could be genetic but no specific cause has been found.
- What is the treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
We aim to treat and relieve your pain along with stiffness. Our treatments also prevent or delay complications and spinal deformity. We have a few of the best doctors for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis in Chennai on board who will help treat you in various ways such as:
Medications can relieve your inflammation, pain and stiffness. The five medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat ankylosing spondylitis are:
- Adalimumab (Humira)
- Certolizumab pegol (Cimzia)
- Etanercept (Enbrel)
- Golimumab (Simponi)
- Infliximab (Remicade)
Physical therapy is an essential part of treatment and can provide several benefits, from pain relief to improved strength and flexibility. A physical therapist can prescribe you specialized exercises for your needs.
Most people with ankylosing spondylitis don’t need surgery. You may advise you surgery if you have severe pain or joint damage.