- What is Arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy, a minimally invasive surgical procedure on a joint, used for treatment of damage is performed using an arthroscope.
- How is Arthroscopy performed?
Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the best hospitals for arthroscopy in Chennai which has the few amongst the best doctors to perform arthroscopy. It involves inserting a small tube that contains optical fibers and lenses into the joint through tiny incisions in the skin. The interior of the joint is seen on a television monitor through the arthroscope which is connected to a video camera.
- What are the benefits of Arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy helps patients in faster recovery times, shorter hospital stays, and less scarring. Arthroscopic surgery helps patients to move their joints smoothly.
- What are the risks involved in Arthroscopy?
The risk involved in Arthroscopy are:
- bleeding in the knee joint.
- blood clot in the leg.
- infection inside the joint.
- injury or damage to the cartilage, ligaments, meniscus, blood vessels, or nerves of the knee.