- What is brain stroke?
Stroke is a problem that affects the arteries leading to and within the brain.
- What are the causes of brain stroke?
Causes of strokes include:
- Ischemia (loss of blood supply)
- Hemorrhage (bleeding) in the brain
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- What are the symptoms of brain stroke?
The most common symptoms of a stroke are:
- Weakness or numbness on the body
- Loss of vision or dimming in eyes
- Loss of speech, or difficulty talking
- Sudden, severe headache with no cause
- What are the different types of brain stroke?
There are three main types of stroke:
- Transient ischemic attack
- Ischemic stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke.
- What is the treatment for brain stroke?
The treatment for brain stroke are:
- Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)
- Antiplatelet drugs
- Blood pressure drugs
- How to prevent a brain stroke?
Brain stroke can be prevented by:
- Lower blood pressure
- Lose weight
- Exercise more
- Treat atrial fibrillation
- Treat diabetes
- Quit smoking