- What is Cervical Spondylitis?
It occurs when wear and tear affects the spinal disks in your neck. In this the disks dehydrate and shrink, showing symptoms of osteoarthritis, including bony projections along the edges of bones . We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of cervical spondylitis in Chennai and will assist you in the best possible way.
- What are the symptoms of Cervical Spondylitis?
You may experience some of these symptoms:
- Your arms, hands, legs, and feet may feel tingling, numbness and weakness
- Lack of coordination and difficulty walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- What are the causes of Cervical Spondylitis?
One of the major causes for this is your age, the bones and cartilage that make up your backbone and neck gradually break.
- What is the treatment for Cervical Spondylitis?
Our aim of treatment is to relieve pain, help you maintain your usual activities. We have amongst the best doctor for the treatment of cervical spondylitis in Chennai on board who will help treat you in various ways such as:
If over-the-counter pain relievers are not working, your doctor might prescribe:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Muscle relaxants
- Anti-seizure medications
Physical therapy is an essential part of treatment and can provide several benefits, from pain relief to improved strength and flexibility. A physical therapist can prescribe your specialized exercises for your needs.
If conservative treatment fails people in your case then only you may be advised surgery if you have severe pain or joint damage.