- What is an enlarged prostate?
When the small walnut-sized gland grows bigger it is known as an enlarged prostate. It usually occurs when you grow old. It may cause difficulty with urination.
- What are the symptoms of enlarged prostate?
The symptoms of enlarged prostate include:
- A weak or slow urinary stream.
- A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
- Difficulty starting urination
- Frequent urination
- Getting up frequently at night to urinate
- A urinary stream starts and stops
- What causes enlarged prostate?
When the cells of the prostate gland begin to multiply, it causes your prostate gland to swell, increasing the size of the prostate which squeezes the urethra and limits the flow of urine.
- How is enlarged prostate treated?
Gleneagles Global Health City is one of the best hospitals for treatment of kidney diseases in Chennai. We offer several treatments for enlarged prostate. Alpha-blockers such as terazosin or tamsulosin are one of the most common treatments which helps to relax the prostate and bladder muscles.