- What are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are hard deposits of acid salts and minerals. It tends to stick together in concentrated urine. They don’t cause permanent damage but can be painful when passing through the urinary tract. Severe pain, usually in the side of the abdomen is the most common symptom which is often associated with nausea.
- What are the symptoms of kidney stones?
The symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Severe pain in the groin
- Blood in urine
- Vomiting and nausea
- White blood cells or pus in the urine
- Reduced amount of urine excreted
- Burning sensation during urination
- Fever and chills
- What are the different types of kidney stones?
There are four types of kidney stones:
- Calcium stone
- Struvite stones
- Uric acid stones
- Cystine stones
- How to prevent kidney stones?
Kidney stones can be prevented by the following ways:
- Stay hydrated
- Eat more calcium-rich foods
- Eat less sodium
- Eat fewer oxalate-rich foods
- Eat less animal protein
- Avoid vitamin C supplements
- Explore herbal remedies
- What is the treatment for kidney stones?
Kidney stones can be treated by the following ways:
- Tunnel surgery