Spinal Disc Protrusion
- What is Spinal Disc Protrusion?
- It occurs when the disc annulus remains intact but forms an outpouching that can press against the nerves. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Spinal Disc Protrusion in Chennai.
- What are the symptoms of Spinal Disc Protrusion?
The main symptoms aree:
- Loss of control of bladder and/or bowels
- Feeling Numbness, pins, and needles, or tingling in your arms and feets
- Pain behind the shoulder blade(s) and buttock(s)
- What are the causes of Spinal Disc Protrusion?
Causes of spinal disc protrusion may include:
- Overgrowth of bone
- Herniated disks
- Thickened ligaments
- Spinal injuries
- What is the treatment for Spinal Disc Protrusion?
Our goal for treatment at Gleneagles Global Health city is to relieve your pain and stiffness and prevent or delay complications and spinal deformity. We have a few of the best doctors for the treatment of Spinal Disc Protrusion in Chennai on board who will help treat you in various ways such as:
Your doctor may prescribe:
- Pain relievers.
- Anti-seizure drugs.
- Opioids D
Physical therapy is an essential part of treatment and can provide several benefits, from pain relief to improved strength and flexibility. A physical therapist can prescribe your specialized exercises for your needs.
steroid medication will just help reduce the inflammation and relieve some of the pain but not cure stenosis
If conservative treatment fails people in your case then only you may be advised surgery if you have severe pain or joint damage.
Alternative therapies like massage therapy, chiropractic treatment, and acupuncture may help you relieve the pain