Dr M.P. Ram Prabu
Department: Medical Oncology
Designation: Senior Consultant - Medical Oncologist
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Gen Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology)Book an appointment
Dr. M.P. Ram Prabu is a qualified MBBS professional from Madurai Medical College. He perused his MD General Medicine from JIPMER, Pondicherry and then completed his DM in Medical Oncology at prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After completing his DM, he worked in MIOT hospital for 5 years and then joined Gleneagles Global Health City. With 14+ years of experience in treating cancer patients, he has expertise in administering various systemic therapies like targeted therapies and immunotherapies apart from chemotherapy.
Equipped with training in HIPEC at Christie Manchester, UK, he has hands on experience in treating more than 100 patients with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy in peritoneal surface cancers. He is also an expert in autologous bone marrow transplantation.
Having participated as Speaker and panelist in several national and regional conferences, he has published articles in several international journals. He is determined in delivering high quality and comprehensive patient care, paying attention to mental, psychological, socio-economic and preventive aspects in addition to physical care as well as updating academic knowledge and application of the same while treating patients.
- Lymphocytosis and chronic leukemia. Prabu R, Kumar L. Natl Med J India. 2009 Mar-Apr;22(2):75-6.
- Systemic reaction to leucovorin in a child with lymphoblastic lymphoma suggestive of hypersensitivity. Prabu R, Bakhshi S. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2009 Jan;52(1):148.
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation-what determines the outcome: an experience from North India. Kumar L, Malik PS, Prakash G, Prabu R, Radhakrishnan V, Kayal S, Hariprasad R. Ann Hematol. 2011 Mar 16.
- A study of triple-negative breast cancer at a cancer institute in India. J Clin Oncol 29: 2011 (suppl; abstr e11548)
- PNET spine: morbid and mortal, but ignored till late. Prabu R, Thulkar S, Chand Sharma M, Mohanti BK, Dhawan D, Bakhshi S. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2012 May;34(4):e164-9.
- Primary cardiac angiosarcoma with good response to Paclitaxel. Ram Prabu MP, Thulkar S, Ray R, Bakhshi S. J Thorac Oncol. 2011 Oct;6(10):1778-9.