Dr Bharath Kumar G
Department: Cardiac Sciences
Designation: Consultant – Interventional Cardiologist, Institute of Cardiac Sciences
Qualification: MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DNB (Cardiology), FESC.Book an appointment
Dr Bharath Kumar is a proficient Interventional cardiologist with an overall experience of 13 years in cardiology .He had pursued his MBBS and MD from The Tamilnadu DR MGR medical university. He finished his DNB CARDIOLOGY from prestigious Southern Railways Head Quarters Hospital, Chennai. He was awarded Fellowship in European society of cardiology (FESC) in 2020.
Over the course of his career, he has successfully performed various types of adult Interventional cardiology procedures. He is well known for his ability to perform procedures such as primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PRIMARY PCI) in acute Heart attacks, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) and stenting with excellent results. He has done more than 5000 interventional cardiology procedures.
He has a remarkable academic record and has several awards to his name. He has peer-reviewed publications in international journals and has made many oral presentations in national and international conferences. He is an active and lifetime member of the Indian medical association (IMA) and Cardiology Society of India (CSI).
13 Years of Experience
- March 2018 to present
Consultant Interventional cardiologist, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- October2016 to March 2018
Assistant Professor of Cardiology, SRM medical college hospital, Chennai.
- June 2014 to Oct 2016
Junior Consultant, Cardiology, SRM Medical College Hospital, Chennai.
- February 2011 to February 2014
Senior Resident in Cardiology, Southern Railways HQ hospital, Chennai.
- May 2010 to December 2010
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College, Puducherry.
- March 2007 to March 2010
Junior Resident in General Medicine, Madurai Medical College, Madurai.
- Interventional cardiology
- Structural heart disease
- Transesophageal echo
- Holter monitoring
- Coronary angiogram
- Primary PCI
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Peripheral artery stenting
- Balloon mitral valvuloplasty
- Fractional flow reserve(FFR)
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Intravascular Ultrasound( IVUS)
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pumping(IABP)
- A case study on geriatric patient with coronary artery disease-associated diabetic foot ulcer: A clinical pharmacist management care. Bharath Kumar, Umashankar MS, Sriram V, G. Bharath Kumar et al J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ 2020; 15:140-143.
- Clinical Pharmacist Role In Prevention and Management of Hospital Associated Microbial Infections In Health Care Practice. Bharath Kumar, G.Bharath Kumar, S. Mohan et al .Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science. 2021, 11(1), 1499-1511.
- A review on clinical pharmacist care services on prevention and management of tuberculosis associated burden in the health care practice. Bharath Kumar, M. S. Umashankar, G. Bharath Kumar, V. Sriram et al .Mardidge Journal of Internal and Emergency Medicine. 2019; 4(1):152-157.