Dr Susan George
Department: Cardiac Sciences
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D. (General Medicine), DNB (Cardiology)Book an appointment
Dr Susan George has an overall experience of 33 years in the field of Cardiology. She has worked in an Echocardiography Laboratory where a large number of adult and paediatric echocardiographic studies are performed. She also has written a revered thesis named ‘Echocardiographic And Haemodynamic Assessment Of Mitral Valve Area Before And After Percutaneous Balloon Valvuloplasty In Rheumatic Mitral Stenosis’.
33 Years of Experience
- March 2001 to March 2009
Consultant Cardiologist, Chest disease Hospital
- May 1997 to Feb 2001
Assistant Professor of Cardiology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
- Sept 1996 to April 1997
Assistant Professor of Cardiology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
- Jan 1995 to Sept. 1996
Registrar in Cardiology, Institute for Cardiac Treatment and Research
- Aug 1991 to Dec 1993
Full Time Registrar in Cardiology
- April 1990 to July 1991
Full Time resident in Cardiology, Institute for Cardiac Treatment and Research
- Feb 1990 to March 1990
Lecturer, Internal Medicine, B.J. Medical College and Sassoon general Hospital
- Jan 1987 to Dec 1989
Full Time Postgraduate Resident in Internal Medicine, Sassoon General Hospital
- Paediatric cardiology
- 2D Echocardiography
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography
- 3D reconstruction
- Intraoperative transesophageal
- Epicardial echocardiography
- Preoperative and postoperative assessment of complex congenital heart defects.
- Joy M Thomas, Sriram Rajagopal, Susan George, Abraham KA: Diagnosis of proximal interruption of right pulmonary artery by TEE: Indian Heart J:50: 83-84: 1998.
- Thanikachalam, G. Sengottuvel, Susan George, Sampath Kumar M, Shivakumar RV, Balakrishnan KR, Murthy JSN: A case of ball valve thrombus (3D reconstruction): Echocardiography 16:2:1999.
- Susan George, AL Salama, B Uthaman, G Cherian : Echocardiography in differentiating tuberculous from chronic idiopathic pericardial effusion: Heart 2004; 90:1338-1339
- Abdul Mohammed Shukkur, Mustafa Ridha, Susan George: Primary stenting for traumatic coronary artery dissection from blunt chest trauma-A Case Report: Int.J.of Angiology: 13:86-88:2004.
- Rajiv Kumar, MCh, Susan Samuel, MD, K Srinivas Sai, MCh, Mahesh Vakamudi, MD, Richard Saldanha, MCh, Komarishi Rajagopalan Balakrishnan, MCh Extracardiac Fontan/Kawashima Procedure Without Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2000; 8:264-265