Dr Gobu P
Department: Cardiac Sciences
Designation: Senior Consultant & Interventional Cardiologist
Qualification: MD. (Gen. Med), DM (Cardiology), FIMSA, FESC.Book an appointment
Dr. Gobu P is a leading Interventional Cardiologist and Senior Consultant Cardiologist at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai. He did his medical education and underwent training at one of the premier institute in the country.
He is an accomplished interventional Cardiologist with more than 20 years of experience in this field. His expertise in Complex Coronary Interventions and Valvuloplasties is well established. He is one of the leading transradial operators in this part of the country. He has significant academic publications and is a faculty in National Conferences. He is strongly focussed on excellent clinical outcomes and improving overall patient experience.
- Currently working as Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- Worked as Associate Professor of Cardiology in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Pondicherry from Feb 2013 to Feb 2014
- Worked as Assistant Professor of Cardiology in JIPMER from March 2009 till January 2013. Involved actively in invasive and non-invasive cardiology. Versatile in most of the Cath lab procedures.
- Worked as consultant cardiologist in Global hospital Chennai from October2008 – December 2008
- Underwent medial education (MBBS, MD, DM) at the Premier Central Institution, JIPMER
- Complex Coronary Interventions(PTCA of Left main disease, Bifurcetion, SVG grafts) with optimum use of Intravascular Imaging Techniques (IVUS, OCT, FFR)
- Balloon Valvotomies: Aortic, Mitral, Pulmonary Valvotomies.
- Device Closures of Congential Heart Defects: ASD, VSD, PDA, RSOV.
- Alcohol Septal Ablation of HCM.
- Evaluation of Cardiac Transplant Patients & follow up of Post Transplant patients (EM Biopsy)
- Implantation of Pacemakers (Single and Dual Chamber)
- Device therapy of Heart Failure (CRT- P, CRT- D, AICD)
- Peripheral Interventions.
- Initiated TAVI program in the hospital.