Dr I Rajkumar
Department: Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
Designation: Consultant - Vascular Surgeon & Endovascular Surgery
Qualification: MBBS, MRCSEd, DNB (Gen Surgery), FVAS (UK)Book an appointment
Dr I Rajkumar is registered with various institutions such as Tamil Nadu State Medical Council, General Medical Council, UK, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, National Board of Examinations, VSI. In his career, he has independently operated on cases of open elective vascular surgeries such as aortic aneurysms, carotid endarterectomies, femoral and popliteal aneurysms, etc. He has also assisted in various cases of open vascular surgeries such as redo aortic bypasses, complicated AVM/tumour excisions; endovascular procedures such as TEVARs, AV fistula plasty, peripheral angioplasty; laparoscopic surgery, breast surgery, endocrine surgery, plastic surgery, and other surgical procedures. He is skilled in intensive surgical care and basic anaesthetic procedures. He has also been a part of multiple paper presentations on a national as well as international level.
More than 20 Years of Experience
- Jan 2019 till current
Consultant- Vascular Surgeon & Endovascular Surgery
- Oct 2017 – Dec 2018
Senior SpR in the Dept. of Vascular Surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary, Hull, UK.
- Jan 2013 – June 2017
Junior Consultant at Dept. of Vascular Surgery at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India.
- Jan 2011 – Dec 2012
Senior Registrar in the Dept. of Vascular Surgery at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India
- July 2010 – Dec 2010
Surgical Registrar in the dept of Surgical Oncology at Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Chennai, India.
- July 2007 – June 2010
Completed three years of surgical training.
- July 2006 – June 2007
Surgical Registrar at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India.
- Dec 2013: Published a paper in Indexed journal (indexed by Elsevier), “Correlation of Her-2-neu over-expression with clinicopathological features of carcinoma breast” in the journal of ‘Apollo Medicine’, December 2013, Volume 10, Issue 4, Pages 313-317.
- Oct 2005: Published a paper titled ‘Two rare mediastinal neoplasms’ in non-indexed journal, ‘Apollo In-hospital Journal of Medicine’ (October 2005, Vol 10).
- Aug 2004: Published a paper titled ‘A case of Nesidioblastosis in infancy’ in non-indexed journal, ‘Apollo In-hospital Journal of Medicine’ (August 2004, Vol 8).
- Mar 2012: Written a chapter titled ‘Compartment Syndrome’ in the ‘Apollo Surgical Course’ book released during Apollo Surgical Course 2012.
- Nov 2010: Written a chapter titled ‘Varicose Veins’ in the ‘Apollo Surgical Course’ book released during Apollo Surgical Course 2010.