Dr K Sathiya
Department: Radiation Oncology
Designation: Junior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, DNB (Radiation Oncology)Book an appointment
Dr Sathiya Krishnamoorthy is a skilled and experienced radiation oncologist with a demonstrated history of working in the medical practice. She is skilled in high precision radiation oncology and cyber knife Radiosurgery. She completed her MBBS from The Tamilnadu Dr MGR medical university and DNB Radiation Oncology from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi with a high focus and passion towards clinical research and innovative radiation techniques. She has done Special Training in Breast, Gynecological and Pediatric oncology from the prestigious Clatterbridge Cancer Center, Liverpool UK.
Over the course of the career she has successfully treated many cancer patients with various high precision irradiation techniques. She is a multispecialty seasoned clinical oncologist. She is skilled in High Precision Radiotherapy like IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRS, SRT &SBRT. She has performed Brachytherapy for carcinoma of Cervix, Endometrium, Oral Cavity, Prostate and Esophagus. She also performs total body irradiation before transplant for pediatric and adult patients and total skin electron treatment. Handling workload with ease, meticulous to details, being indispensable to other treating physicians and delivering compassionate patient care are her strengths.
She is one of the young radiation oncologist of India actively involved in hypofractionation regimes. She has peer reviewed publications in national and international journals. She is a faculty member for the high precision radiotherapy workshops and national conferences. She has made many presentations and is an active member of AROI, AROI-TNPY, ESMO, ESTRO, and ASTRO.
6 Years of Experience
She has a demonstrated history of experience in providing holistic patient care, addressing needs of numerous clinicians and service-oriented commitment in an institution with global reputation.
She joined Gleneagles Global Health City as full time radiation oncologist in 2016.
- Head and neck oncology
- Breast oncology
- Thoracic oncology
- Gyneac oncology
- Pediatric oncology
- Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary oncology,
- Sarcomas, Neuro & Spine oncology
Achievements and Awards
She has won the prestigious MS GUJRAL gold medal for the best research paper and DR.JEGADEESAN award for the best young radiation oncologist at the national level.
- Robotic radiosurgery treatment in liver tumours: Early experience from an Indian center. Dutta D, Sathiya K.
- Mahadev P, Ravishankar LS, Sathiya Reddy, Murali V et al. To report long term biochemical control and toxicity after HDR brachytherapy as a monotherapy in organ confined prosate cancer treated in a single institution. Cureus 2016.
- Hybrid planning techniques for hypofractionated whole-breast irradiation using flattening filter-free beams. Balaji K, BalajiSubramanian S, Sathiya K et. al. Strahlenther Onkol 2020;196:376-85.
- Hybrid volumetric modulated arc therapy for whole breast irradiation: a dosimetric comparison of different arc designs. Ramasubramanian V, Balaji K, Sathiya K et. al. La radiologia medica 2019; 124(6):546-54.
- Hybrid Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy with Deep Inspiration Breath Hold for hypofractionated Bilateral Breast Irradiation: Coming together is a beginning” in press Red journal.
- Efficacy of cryptomphalus aspersa secretion cream in the treatment and prevention of radiodermatitis in cancer patients: better to move forward at a snail’s pace – in press.