Dr Kumar Thulasidass
Department: General Medicine - Endocrinology
Designation: Senior Consultant – Department of Endocrinology
Qualification: MBBS, MD (General Medicine), MRCP (UK), MRCP (Endocrinology and Diabetes)Book an appointment
Dr Kumar Thulasidass is an experienced endocrinologist with overall experience of more than 20 years. He did his MBBS and MD in Medicine in India and was an assistant professor in Medicine in Sri Ramachandra Medical College, teaching undergraduate and post graduate medical students. He proceeded to the United Kingdom where he trained in Endocrinology and Diabetes and obtained his MRCP (Endocrinology and Diabetes)
He has wide experience in Endocrinology with special interest in Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolism and also in other hormonal issues relating to pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands. He has worked in many hospitals across United Kingdom with a wide range of experience and after relocating to India in 2013, he had been a consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes in Kamakshi Memorial Hospital and a visiting consultant in Sri Ramachandra Medical College Hospital.
He is a member of Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom and British Endocrine Society. He is also an active member of Endocrine Society of Tamilnadu and Puducherry. He has publications in the area of Hypertriglyceridemia induced pancreatitis in Preganancy, Thyroid nodule, Hyperparathyroidism, and TSH secreting pituitary adenoma. He has made multiple presentations in Endocrine society meetings.
More than 20 years of Experience
- Consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes at Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai, India
- Senior Registrar in Endocrinology and Diabetes at Royal London and St. Bartholomew Hospital, London, UK
- Assistant Professor in Medicine in Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai, India
- Senior Resident in Medicine in JIPMER, Puducherry, India
- Hypertriglyceridemic Pancreatitis in pregnancy – case reports and review of literature, Journal of Royal Society of Medicine, Short Reports 2013 4:1
- ‘Multiple Pathological Fractures in a young woman – a case of primary hyperthyroidism’ Published in Hammersmith multidisciplinary symposium, UK, in December 2009.
- ‘Audit on Fine Needle Aspiration of thyroid nodules’ – published in British Endocrinology Abstracts p 373 vol 21 in March 2012.
- ‘Sub clinical hyperthyroidism’ in British Endocrine Society Clinical Update in November 2010 in Bristol, UK vol 1 p83.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone secreting pituitary tumour – A case series – Abstract published in Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism Sep – Oct 2020- volume 24-Issue 5 – p 452-505