Dr Magnus Jayaraj Mansard
Department: Surgical Gastroenterology
Designation: Senior Consultant – Gastrointestinal & Minimally invasive surgery
Qualification: MBBS (JIPMER), MS (JIPMER), MNAMS (GI Surgery), MRCS (Edin.), FACS, GCSRT (Harvard)Book an appointment
Dr Magnus Jayaraj Mansard is an accomplished Surgical Gastroenterologist with more than a decade of surgical practice in various centers of India. He has an alumnus of the prestigious central institute, JIPMER, where he did his under-graduation (MBBS) and post-graduation (MS). He has undergone training in treating diseases of the gastrointestinal system from the best centers in India including SGPGI Lucknow, Asian Institute of Gastroenterology (AIG), Hyderabad and Indraprastha Apollo Hospital (CLBS), New Delhi.
He has further sub specialized in surgical treatment of liver, pancreas and biliary diseases (HPB-Hepato-pancreatico-biliary) and in liver transplantation. He is highly skilled in performing advanced key-hole surgeries (laparoscopy or minimally invasive) for both cancers of gastrointestinal system and for benign diseases, thus enabling a less painful hospital course and a quicker return to normal life.
He has been the founding member of liver transplant and surgical gastroenterology units in many hospitals in tier-2 cities. He enjoys mentoring juniors in his field of specialization. He is fluent in Telugu and Hindi apart from English and Tamil. He has presented scientific papers in various national and international forums on gastrointestinal, liver, pancreatic and biliary diseases. He has authored numerous scientific articles published in international and national journals and various textbook chapters. He takes keen interest in clinical research for which he has undergone training at Harvard Medical School (HMS), USA. He is a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons, UK and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
10 Years of Experience
Senior Consultant and GI Surgeon at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- September 2018
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist and Liver transplant surgeon, Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- July 2015 – September 2018
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist and Liver Transplant Surgeon at Manipal Hospital, Banglore.
- July 2013 – June 2015
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist and Liver Transplant Surgeon at Kovai Medical Center and Hospital, Coimbatore.
- June 2012 – June 2013
Senior Fellow in HPB and Liver Transplant Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- July 2009 – June 2012
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad.
- Jan 2011 – March 2011
Observer in HPB and Liver transplant surgery at Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
- November 2015
Observer in laparoscopic liver surgery, Hôpital Beaujon, Clichy, France
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- HPB Surgery
- Liver Transplantation
- Sathiaraj E, Murthy S, Mansard MJ, Rao GV, Mahukar S, Reddy DN. Clinical Trial: Oral feeding with a soft diet compared with clear liquid diet as initial meal in mild acute pancreatitis.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Jul 4.
- Dama RR, Mansard MJ, Shetty MG, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Reddy DN.Education of imaging. Gastrointestinal: diagnostic dilemma of tattoed small bowel.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 May;23(5):819.
- Rao GV, Pradeep R, Mansard MJ, Ramji C, Banerjee R, Nageshwar Reddy D.Endocytoscopy assists in the intraoperative diagnosis of carcinoma in a patient with chronic pancreatitis.Endoscopy. 2007 Feb;39 Suppl 1: E317-8.
- Mishra H, Mansard MJ, Shetty MG, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Reddy DN. Right paraduodenal hernia- a case report. Indian J Surg 2007 Jun,76.
- Rao GV, Mansard MJ, Rebala P, Sekaran A, Reddy DN. Endocytoscopy assisted laparoscopic intraoperative diagnosis of disseminated malignancy. Surg Endosc. 2009 Oct;23(10):2395-6.
- Mansard MJ, Rao GV, Reddy DN. N.O.T.E.S: A Review. Trop Gastroenterol. 2009 Jan-Mar;30(1):5-10.
- Mansard MJ, Rao GV, Pradeep R, Singh J, Reddy DN. Gastroduodenojejunal prolapse. Am J Surg. 2009 Sep;198(3): e32-4.
- Siddapuram SP, Mahurkar S, Duvvuru NR, Mitnala S, Guduru VR, Rebala P, Mansard MJ. Hepatic cholesterol transporter ABCG8 polymorphisms in gallstone disease in an Indian population. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Jun;25(6):1093-8.
- Gaddipati R, Sasikala M, Padaki N, Mukherjee RM, Sekaran A, Jayaraj-Mansard M, Rabella P, Rao-Guduru V, Reddy-Duvvuru N. Visceral adipose tissue visfatin in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Ann Hepatol. 2010 Jul 1;9(3):266-70.
- Sathiaraj E, Gupta S, Chutke M, Mahurkar S, Mansard MJ, Rao GV, Reddy DN. Malnutrition is not an etiological factor in the development of tropical pancreatitis–a case-control study of southern Indian patients.Trop Gastroenterol. 2010 Jul-Sep;31(3):169-74.
- Magnus Mansard, Upender Rao, Pradeep Rebala, Guduru Rao, Duvvuru Reddy. Esophageal Duplication Cyst Masquerading as a Stromal Tumor in an Adult. Indian Journal of Surgery (8 April 2011), pp. 1-3, doi:10.1007/s12262-011-0250-5.
- Mansard MJ, Rao U, Pradeep R, Sekaran A, Rao GV, Reddy DN.Vascular anatomy of strictured small bowel.Trop Gastroenterol. 2011 Apr-Jun;32(2):103-6.
- Rupa Banerjee, C. Ramji, MJ Mansard, Anuradha Shekharan, Santosh Darisetty, Manu Tandan, G Venkat Rao, D.N. Reddy. High Resolution Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) Can Identify Normal Gastric Mucosa and H. Pylori (HP) Associated Gastritis. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Volume 65, Issue 5, Page AB178, April 2007.
- GV Rao, Magnus Mansard, DN Reddy. Gastrointestinal endoscopy- An emerging soft power in health care. Journal of Digestive Endoscopy. 2012, Volume: 3, Issue: 5, Page: 2-6.
- GV Rao, MJ Mansard, PK Ravula, P Rebala, RR Dama & DN Reddy. Single-port surgery: Current applications and limitations.Asian J Endosc Surg 2 (2009) 56–64.
- Yelamali A, Mansard MJ, Dama R, Rebela P, Rao GV, Reddy DN. Intraoperative pancreatoscopy with narrow band imaging: a novel method for assessment of resection margins in case of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm. Surg Endosc. 2012 Jun 8.
- Magnus Mansard, Ravichand Siddachari, Sanjay Govil, Yuveraj K, Goutham Kumar, Navaneethan Subramanian, Olithselvan Arikichenin. Is the IGL-1 solution an equally effective, cheaper alternative to the UW solution in liver transplantation. Indian Journal of Transplantation 2019.
- Magnus Mansard, Ravichand Siddachari, Sanjay Govil, Suresh Doraiswamy, Sumesh Sebastian, Charan Tej Koyi, Goutham Kumar, Navaneethan Subramanian, Olithselvan Arikichenin. Tele-medicine Backed Liver Transplantation Program: The Core-Satellites Model. Tropical Gastroenterology 2019.