Dr Nithiin Balachandar
Department: Gleneagles Global Cancer Centre (Radiation Oncology)
Designation: Consultant Radiation Oncologist
Qualification: MBBS, DNB (Radiation Oncology)Book an appointment
Dr Nithiin Balachandar is a skilled and accomplished radiation oncologist with 10 years of experience. He is the consultant radiation oncologist at Gleneagles Global health city, Chennai. He has professional and great hands on experience in IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation therapy), VMAT (Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy), 3DCRT (3 Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy), 2DRT and HDR & LDR brachytherapy. A highly passionate individual who provides radiation treatment to patients with utmost care and management.
10 Years of Experience
- July 2021- Present
- Aug 2018- May 2021
- Nov 2017- July 2018
- June 2017- Nov 2017
Consultant (Radiation Oncologist)- Gleneagles Global Health City
Consultant (Radiation Oncologist)- Ashwin Hospital, Coimbatore
Associate consultant (Radiation Oncologist)- Bangalore Cancer Centre, Bangalore.
Senior Resident – Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai.
- HYPO FRACTIONATION
- Head And Neck Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Gynaecological Cancer
- Solid Tumours
- Genito Urinary Cancer
- Neurological Malignancies
Membership In Professional Societies:
- Tamilnadu Medical Council-94982
- Hypofractionated short course pre-operative conformal radiotherapy versus long course conventional preoperative chemoradiotherapy in the management of locally advanced rectal cancer. Prospective randomized comparative study in panacea journal of medical Sciences2020.
- Currently working on SBRT (Hypo fractionated Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy) following TACE (Trans Arterial Chemo Embolization) in HCC (Hepato Cellular Carcinoma) with macroscopic portal vein tumour thrombosis.
- Currently working on a prospective study impacts of IMRT V/S VMAT in elderly patients with head and neck cancers.
- Currently working on –IMPACT of daily vs weekly CBCT in PELVIC CANCERS.