Dr Phani Kiran S
Department: Spine Surgery
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.S, D.N.BBook an appointment
Dr Phani Kiran has an overall experience of over 14 years. She was entrusted with the responsibility of pre-operative planning, in-patient, operative and outpatient management in the Department of Spine Surgery during her fellowship. This gave her an opporrtunity to gain extensive training and experience in operative management of all kinds of spine problems including degenerative conditions of spine, spine trauma, osteoporosis, scoliosis correction, revision spine surgery etc. She has also been involved in teaching and training undergraduate medical students as well as postgraduate students in orthopedics. She is an esteemed member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), Indian Orthopaedic Association (LM 7485,and Association of Spine Surgeons of India.
16 Years of Experience
- April 2006 to Feb 2009
Senior Resident (Registrar) in Lok Nayak Hospital (LNJPH)
- Orthopedic Ward Management and Operative Management of Orthopedic Trauma
- Orthopedic Emergencies
- Basic Pediatric Deformities
- 3rd rank in the Delhi PG entrance exam
- “Functional restoration after early tendon transfer in high radial nerve paralysis.” Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume) 2011;36 135-140
- “Subdural Empyema following skull traction: A rare presentation of a rare complication.” In Delhi Journal of Orthopaedics Vol 1(2) Jan 2005.
- Thesis titled “To study the efficacy of Subcutaneous and Submuscular Anterior transposition of Ulnar nerve for Ulnar nerve entrapment at elbow” for the award of degree of Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics
- Thesis titled “To study the efficacy and short-term outcome of minimaliy invasive pedicle screw fixation in thoracolumbar and lumbar spine.” for the Fellowship of National Board in Spine Surgery in 2011.