Department: Gleneagles Global Cancer Centre (Radiation Oncology)
Designation: Consultant Radiation Oncologist
Qualification: MBBS, MD (Radiation Oncology), Essentials in palliative careBook an appointment
Dr.Rishan.T.S is a qualified MBBS professional from K.A.P.Viswanatham Government Medical College, Trichy. He has completed his MD in Radiation Oncology from the prestigious Cancer Institute, Adyar and continued as Assistant professor at the same place, before moving onto Apollo Proton Cancer Centre, to have hands-on training with modern image guided pencil beam scanning proton beam therapy. With 10+ years of experience, he is well versed in modern high precision radiation oncology, including IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SBRT, motion management and brachytherapy.
Having participated as Speaker in national and regional conferences, he has published various articles in reputed journals, and authored various book chapters. He is also a peer reviewer in leading journals and is a mentor for postgraduates pursuing DNB course at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai. He is soft spoken and delivers high quality and utmost care in treatment of his patients.
- Introduction of Proton beam therapy in the management of intracranial germ cell tumors in India-initial experience, published, Indian Pediatrics in February 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13312-021-2139-0.
- Advances in radiation therapy in malignant brain tumors, published, International Journal of NeuroOncology, November 2021, DOI: 10.4103/IJNO.IJNO_429_21
- Current Oncology perspectives and Guidelines for meningiomas, published in Meningiomas, PGINS Monograph series, by Voluntary Health services (VHS), Chennai.
- Evaluation of pathways to diagnosis of paediatric brain tumours in South India, Authorea. April 13, 2022, DOI: 10.22541/au.164983146.62439461/v1
- Chapter on CNS tumours for Textbook release, manuscript in process.
- Rare case of extracranial metastases in a patient with IDH mutant glioblastoma, published, South Asian Journal of Cancer, December 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0042-1757425