Dr S Balakumar
Department: Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
Designation: Clinical lead and Senior Consult - Vascular Surgeon & Endovascular Surgery
Qualification: M.S. (General Surgery), M.CH (Vascular Surgery)Book an appointment
An Alumni of the prestigious Madras Medical College. Has held numerous, prestigious teaching and departmental posts in general surgery, surgical gastroenterology, vascular surgery as well as emergency trauma surgery at various government and private institutions across Tamilnadu for last over 21 years.
Was the HOD of Vascular Surgery at Tanjore Medical College and Professor of Vascular Surgery at Madras Medical College till 2019.
More than 27 Years of Experience
- Clinical lead and Senior Consult – Vascular Surgeon & Endovascular Surgery at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai, India
Professor of Vascular Surgery, TNMSSH, Madras Medical College
Certified in Intravascular Ultrasound, Percherra Del Garda, Italy
- Certified in Complex Deep Venous Intervention under prof. Gerard O’Sullivan at Galway Hospital, Ireland
Trained & Certified by Da Vinci in Robotic Vascular Surgery
Head of Department & Professor of Vascular Surgery, Tanjore Medical College
Senior Assistant professor of vascular surgery Madras Medical College
Senior Assistant professor of General surgery / SGE Govt Royepettah Hospital
Senior Resident in General surgery, Madras Medical College
Senior Resident in Trauma & Orthopaedics surgery, Govt Royepettah Hospital
- Endo-Vascular Intervention (Angioplasty / Stenting)
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer Management
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Aneurysmal Disease
- Limb Preservation Surgeries
- Acute Limb Ischemia
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Aortoiliac / Femoral Bypass Surgery / Extra Anatomic Bypass
- Vascular Tumour
- Arterio Venous Malformation
- Vasospastic Disorders
- Varicose Vein – EVLT / RF Ablation / VENASEAL
- Dialysis Access Surgeries Arterio – Venous Fistulas
- Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Deep Vein Obstructive Pathology
- Catheter Directed Thrombolysis
- IVC Filter Placement
- Venous Foot Ulcer Management
- Published over twenty research articles and case studies in various National journals
- Latest publication on Genetic Mutations Encoding Tartrate Resistant Acid
- Phosphatase in International Peer-reviewed PLOS ONE JOURNAL.
- Published a Topic on Lumbar Sympathectomy in Text Book of Vascular Surgery released by Vascular Society of India in 2005.
- Published a Topic on Paediatric Coarctation of Aorta in Department of Paediatric.
- Cardiovascular Surgery in Institute of Child Health, Madras Medical College in 2008.
- Co-Principal Investigator in Collaborative Research project on ‘IDENTIFICATION OF TRAPas potential Bio and Molecular marker for Cardiovascular Diseases with University of Madras.