Dr Selva Seetharamam
Department: Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery
Designation: HOD and Senior Consultant
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.S, M.Ch
Dr Selva Seetharamam has an overall experience of 17 years and is currently working as a Consultant at Gleneagles Global Hospital. He has helped in the setting up of the Institute of Craniofacial, Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery at SRM Institutes for Medical Science, Vadapalani. He is interested in administration and has been a part of the organizing committee in various international and national conferences. He has more than 10 articles related to Medicine and Health care published in various magazines as answers to questions from the public. He has volunteered to work in many health camps and blood donation camps. He is also an esteemed member of various associations like Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, Indian Medical Association, Founder of Indian Society of Reconstructive Transplant (ISRT).
17 Years of Experience
- Onco reconstruction
- Hand surgery
- Trauma reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction
- First prize in Nutritional Quiz for Doctors at SIMS Hospital , Chennai, September 16
- Awarded the International Travelling Fellowship for the year 2014 at APSICON 2014 , Chandigarh.
- Tele Discussions with SmartPhones- XVI National Seminar on Hospital/ Health Care management, MedicoLegal Systems & Clinical Research, Pune – May 2014 was selected as one of the best 5 paper
- Army endowment BEST PAPER AWARD for the best journal in IJPS for the year 2013 for the article “Cephalic vein: Saviour in the microsurgical reconstruction of breast and head and neck cancers”
- Kamath Best poster prize “Algorithm for the management of external skin Defects in Composite Oromandibular defects” at APSICON 2012, Lucknow.
- Awarded the Ethicon Travelling fellowship for the year 2012 at APSICON 2012, Lucknow.
- Second prize for poster “Breast Reconstruction in post-surgical breast cancer patients” – Breast cancer working group- KEM hospital March 2012.
- Third prize for poster “Breast Reconstruction in post-surgical breast cancer patients” 63rd Bombay medical congress, INHS Aswini Mumbai February 2012
- Awarded the Brig Kathpalia fellowship in Hand Surgery by APSI in 2011
- Kamath Best poster prize “Post-Oncological Tongue Reconstruction” in APSICON 2011, Coimbatore
- Awarded the Shrimathi Padma Nagarajan & Shri Nagarajan Gold Medal for the final year general surgery post- graduates among city Medical colleges in Chennai for the year 2006-2007
- Scored First Mark in Clinical Examinations in M.S (General Surgery) and Overall
- Second Mark in Kilpauk Medical college and Hospitals
- Won the second prize in the academic quiz competition conducted at Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research University in 2005
- Scored first mark in Biochemistry (1997-98) with Distinction (80%)
- Medalist in Orthopedics(2001-02)
- Overall performance award from the Dept. of E.N.T.(2000-01)
- College topper in Obstetrics and Gynecology(2001-02)
- Chimeric superficial temporal artery based skin and superficial temporal fascia plus temporalis muscle flap – an alternative to free flap for suprastructure Maxillectomy. Dushyant Jaiswal, Prabha S. Yadav, Vinay K. Shankhdhar, Sakthipalan Selva S.R. Indian J of Plast Surg. Vol 44(3) Pg 501-4, 2011
- Cephalic vein: Saviour in the microsurgical reconstruction of breast and head and neck cancers Vinay K. Shankhdhar, Prabha S. Yadav, Jaiswal Dushyant, Sakthipalan Selva Seetha Raman, Wingkar Chinmay. Indian J Plast Surg 2012;45:485-93
- Two in one: Double free flap from a single free fibula osteocutaneous unit Prabha S. Yadav, Vinay K. Shankhdhar, Jaiswal. Dushyant, Sakthipalan Selva Seetha Raman, Gujjalanvar Rajendra. Indian J Plast Surg 2012;45:459-65. A
- Anthropomorphic and perforator analysis of anterolateral thigh flap in Indian population. Sakthipalan Selva Seetha Raman, Prabha S. Yadav, Vinay K. Shankhdhar, Jaiswal Dushyant, Puranik Prashant. Indian J Plast Surg 2013;46:59 68
- Reconstruction of a Marjolin’s Ulcer defect in the back using pedicled fillet flap from a post burn deformed upper limb- case report Prabha S Yadav, Vinay K Shankhdhar, Jaiswal Dushyant, Sakthipalan S.R Selva, Nitin Sethi, Bheem S Nanda Indian Journal of Burns, Year 2011, Volume 19, Issue 1 [p. 68-69]
- Anatomical variation of superficial radial nerve during free radial forearm flap harvest. Vinay K. Shankhdhar, Prabha S. Yadav, Jaiswal Dushyant, Selva S. R. Sakthipalan Letter to Editor Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery January-April 2015 Vol 48 Issue 1