Dr Siddhika Ayyer
Department: Mental Health
Designation: Visiting Consultant
Qualification: M.B.B.S, D.P.M, D.N.B (Psychiatry)Book an appointment
Dr Siddhika Ayyer has an overall experience of 12 years and is currently working as a Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist at Gleneagles Global Health City. She has trained in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT). In Vivo Educational Services, with Ms. Swati Khanolkar (Supervisor at Albert Ellis institute, NY), also trained in using REBT in marital therapy (In Vivo educational services, with Ms. Swati Khanolkar, supervisor at Albert Ellis institute, NY). She has done a comparative study between substance using schizophrenia patients (SUS) and non-substance using schizophrenia patients (NSUS).
12 Years of Experience
Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist, Gleneagles Global Health City
- November 2016
Consultant Psychiatrist at COSH Hospital
- November 2015 to August 2016
Worked in association with Dr Rajendra Barve (Senior consultant psychiatrist), Parivartan Clinic
- Aug 2015 to July 2015
Registrar (Senior resident), Psychiatry, KB Bhabha Hospital
- Jun 2015 to Jul 2015
Senior Resident, Psychiatry at KEM Hospital
- Feb 2013 to Jan 2015
Resident Medical Officer in Psychiatry, K J Somaiya Hospital & Medical College
- Feb 2010 to Feb 2013
Resident Medical Officer in Psychiatry, Masina Hospital
- Mar 2008 to Aug 2008
Resident Medical Officer (Post MBBS) in Wockhardt Hospital
- Anxiety disorders including OCD
- Stress management
- Depression and related disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Eating disorders
- Consultation liaison psychiatry
- Sexual disorders
- Marital counseling
- Psychotic disorders
- Substance addiction and related disorders
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
- Rational emotive behavior therapy(REBT)
- Presenting author at 41st annual conference of Indian Psychiatric society western zonal branch, Mumbai 2010. Ayyer S, De Sousa A, Matcheswalla Y. Video game usage and ADHD symptoms in adolescents.
- Cyber Munchausen syndrome: A case report. Indian journal of mental health, 1(1). Ayyer S, De Sousa A (2014).
- Presenting author, poster presentation at D.Y.Patil symposium on child and adolescent psychiatry (2014) for Dr. Ramesh Patel award. Ayyer S, Gholap V, Dhavale HS. Study of risk of eating disorder among adolescents.
- Co-author, poster presentation at 45th annual conference of Indian Psychiatric society western zonal branch, Aurangabad 2014. Study of risk of night eating syndrome(NES) among college students. Gholap V, Ayyer S, Dhavale HS.
- Study of risk of night eating syndrome(NES) among college students. Somaiya medical journal. Volume 2(1) 2015;1-6. Gholap V, Ayyer S, Dhavale HS.