Dr Suresh S
Department: Pulmonary Critical Care and Lung Transplantation
Designation: Consultant & Interventional Pulmonologist
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D (Respiratory Medicine)Book an appointment
Dr Suresh S is a proficient doctor currently practicing at the Gleneagles Global Health City, where he not only manages routine pulmonology OP, but also specialty outpatient clinics of Asthma, COPD, ILD, TB, Lung transplantation & Interventional Pulmonology . On average, he performs nearly 75 bronchoscopies per month and is associated with pre-transplant workup of patients in lung transplant waitlist and take up donor evaluation on an off call basis. He’s also involved in the management of post-transplant patients including surveillance bronchoscopies and airway complication management.
His research work has been impeccable. His papers have been published in various national and international medical journals including CHEST journal. He has given various posters and paper in national and international conference presentations like
- Correlation of cardiac abnormalities and inflammatory markers levels with severity of COPD- CHEST 2020 ( American College of chest Physician) Chicago (USA)
- First case report of Kartageners syndrome to undergo successful bilateral lung transplantation from India –European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT) in Copenhagen-2019
- Pulmonary Alveolar Microlithiasis – A rare disease treated with Lung Transplantation, ILDCON-2018
- A case of Primary Pulmonary Hypertension treated with Heart and Lung Transplant, ILDCON-2018
- A case of Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis treated with Bilateral Lung Transplant, ILDCON-2018
- Comparison of Bacteriology of Sputum and Throat swab in patients of COPD-RESPICON INDIA 2018
- Role of GERD and BMI as Risk Factors in Asthma Control in TAPCON-17
- Comparison of clinico radiological presentation of Tuberculosis in Type-II Diabetes mellitus vs. Euglycemic subjects-NATCON-2016, Lucknow
- Malignant illusion in -PULMOCON 2015
- Tuberculosis mimicking scrotal tumor-A Case report –NAPCON -2015
Dr Suresh does not miss a chance of enhancing his skills and learning something new, for which he often attends various conferences, seminars, and workshops. He’s been a part of national and international conferences faculty and resource person such as CHEST 2020,NSMC-SLEEP CON 2019, PULSION -2018, International Conference on Lung Transplantation – ILDCON 2018,SLEEPCON, ERS-European Respiratory Society, European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT), Workshop on ILD-NAPCON 2015, Hands-on Workshop on VATS-Thoracoscopy, Hands-on workshop on EBUS –NAPCON-2017, and many more.
Along with being a medical professional, he’s also an esteemed member of various medical associations such as the European Respiratory Society (ERS), Indian Chest Society (ICS), Indian Medical Association (IMA), American College of Chest Physician (ACCP), Association of Pulmonologist Tamilnadu (APT) and Lung Foundation of India (LFI).
7+ Years of Experience
- September 2017 to Present
Consultant, Dept of Pulmonary Critical Care & Lung Transplantation, Gleneagles Global Health City
- June 2017 to September 2017
Senior Registrar, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital
- 2014 to 2017
Registrar, Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Chennai
- July 2013 to April 2014
Consultant Medical Officer, Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy procedures like
- BAL, TBLB, TBNA, Endobronchial Biopsies
- Endobronchial ultrasound- Linear and Radial, Fogartys Placement and Balloon Dilatation
- Cryo-biopsies of lung, cryo-debulking, Argon plasma coagulation, electrocautery applications
- Self expandable Metallic stent placement (SEMS)
- Rigid bronchoscopy- Tracheal Stent placement
- Thoracoscopy-Rigid / Semi Rigid
- Indwelling Pleural Catheter placement and Maintenance
- Bronchoscopic guidance Percutaneous tracheostomy
- Chest drain insertion ( ICD, Pigtail drain) and management
- Abraham needle pleural biopsy
- Lymph node biopsies of Neck And Axillary
- Ultrasound Chest
- Pulmonary function testing and reporting including CPET
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Invasive Ventilation
- Central Line Insertion
- Arterial Line Insertion
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy procedures like
- Airway Complications Post Lung Transplantation: Largest Center Indian Experience’ published in CHEST Journal.
- Correlation of cardiac abnormalities and inflammatory markers levels with severity of COPD published in CHEST journal
- ‘Association between Body Mass Index and Asthma Control among Adult Asthmatics Population in South Indian-cross Sectional Observational Study’ published in Chettinad Health City Journal.
- ‘Prevalence And Risk Factors of Uncontrolled Asthma among Adults in a South Indian Tertiary Care Hospital’ published in the Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences.
- ‘Comparison of Oral Montelukast and Intranasal Fluticasone in Patients with Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis’ published in the Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research.