Dr B. Mahadevan
Department: Medical Gastroenterology & Endoscopy
Designation: Senior Consultant & Head of Department–Medical Gastroenterology & Therapeutic Endoscopy
Qualification: M.B.B.S, MD (Paediatrics), DM (Gastroenterology)Book an appointment
Dr B. Mahadevan has an overall experience of 19 years and is currently working as a Senior Consultant & Head of Department – Medical Gastroenterology & Therapeutic Endoscopy at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai. He is skilled to perform entire range of therapeutic procedures in hepatobiliary diseases including ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatogram), EUS (Endoscopic ultrasound), POEM (Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy) for Achalasia cardia and ESD (Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection) for early gastrointestinal cancers.
19 Years of Experience
- Sept 2018 to Present
Senior Consultant & Head of Department – Medical Gastroenterology & Therapeutic Endoscopy, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- Aug 2015 to Aug 2018
Consultant– Medical Gastroenterology & Therapeutic Endoscopy, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- Sept 2009 to July 2015
Associate Professor of Gastroenterology, Dept of Medical Gastroenterology
- May 2004 to July 2006
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute
- April 2001 to April 2004
Senior Resident in Pediatrics, JIPMER
- Hepatobiliary interventions (ERCP, EUS)
- Third space endoscopy (POEM, ESD, STER)
- Oral Presentation: Presented a paper on “Clearance of impacted stone at hepatico-jejunostomy site with spyglass cholangioscope DS and laser lithotripsy” in ENDO 2017 – 1st World Congress of GI Endoscopy in February 2017.
- Reviewer for European Journal for Gastroenterology and Hepatology for the past 5 years.
- Invited for a lecture at a National Conference in Chendu, China and presented a topic on “EUS Rendezvous technique” in September 2019.
- Mahadevan B, Mohammed Ali. Disseminated intraabdominal Hydatidosis – a case report. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2009, May-Jun;28(3):92.
- Mahadevan B, M. Ali, P. Ganesh, P. Padmananbhan, C. Selvi, K. Premkumar & J. Antony: Acute mesenteric vein thrombosis after glue injection for Gastric varices – a case report. The Internet Journal of Gastroenterology. 2009 Volume 8 Number 1.
- Sharma M, Somasundaram A, Mahadevan B. Endoscopic Ultrasound in a Case of a Widened Mediastinum. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2010;8(9):e94.
- Sharma M, Somasundaram A, Mahadevan B. Unusual complication of stent deployment. Gastrointest Endosc 2011;73(1):156-7.
- Sharma M, Mahadevan B. An unusual cause of double duct sign. Type I sphincter of Oddi dysfunction due to chronic opium addiction. Gastroenterology 2011;140(3):e1-2.
- Sharma M, Mahadevan B. An unusual cause of jaundice in tropical country. Intrabiliary rupture of hydatid cyst. Gastroenterology 2011;140(1):e3-4.
- Sharma M, Pathak A, Mahadevan B. An unusual endoscopic ultrasound image of the common bile duct. Biliary intraductal neoplasia in the choledochal cyst. Gastroenterology 2011;140(1):e5-
- Jain M, Balkrishanan M, SNK C, CGS S, Ramakrishnan R, Venkataraman J. SX-Ella Danis stent in massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding in cirrhosis – a case series. Clinical and Experimental Hepatology. 2018;4(2):97-99.
- Mayank Jain, Srinivas M, Mahadevan B, Ravi R, Jayanthi V. Conundrum of histology in Crohn’s disease. Tropical Gastroenterology ( in press)
- Jain M, Srinivas M, Ravi R, Mahadevan B, Michael T, Venkataraman J. Isolated terminal ileal mucosal changes: When is the bite indicated? J Dig Endosc 2018;9:66-70.
- Piyush Bawane, Mayank Jain, Balkrishnan Mahavedan, Ravi R, Joy Varghese, Mukul Vij, Jayanthi V. A rare cause for gastrointestinal bleed in post liver transplant setting. Clinical and Experimental Hepatology 2017(in press)
- Mahadevan B,Mayank Jain, Chenduran SNK, Sridhar CG, Ravi R, Jayanthi V. Cannulation in patients with large periampullary diverticulum using SpyBite miniforceps. Clinical and Experimental Hepatology 2018;4:1-2
- Piyush Bawane, Mahadevan B, Mayank Jain, Chenduran SNK, Sridhar CG, Ravi R, Jayanthi Venkataraman. Double scope POEM technique –Light at the end of the tunnel. Journal of Digestive Endoscopy 2018;9:80-1.
- Sameer Paghadhar, Mayank Jain, B Mahadevan, Jayanthi Venkataraman. Interpretation of Benign Gastric Mucosal Lesions Using Narrow-Band Imaging. J Digest Endosc 2020;11:106–111.