Dr Rajanikanth Patcha V
Department: Liver Transplant and Biliary Surgery
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MS, FEBS (HPB)Book an appointment
Dr. Rajanikanth has an overall experience of 20 years and is currently working as a Consultant in the Department of Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospital. He did 2 years of part time research as a SHO in my basic surgical training in Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research. He has also published my thesis as an original paper in the Tropical Gastroenterology. He has attended various courses and conferences like Northwick Park Microsurgical Workshops, King’s College Hospital, London 11-15th March 2013, The National Hepatocellular Carcinoma on 23rd May 2012 at the Pelican Centre , Basingstoke, Organ Retrieval Workshop at the University of Birmingham Conference Park on 1 & 2 nd November 2011.
16 Years of Experience
Consultant in the Department of Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospital
- 2012 to 2015
Senior Clinical Fellow
- 2009 to 2011
- 2007 to 2009
- 2006 to 2007
LAS, Specialist Registrar
- 2003 to 2005
Senior House Officer
- 2000 to 2002
- Intra-op and post-opmanagement of upper & lower GI malignencies.
- OGD & colonoscopy.
- Excision of lumps and bumps independently.
- Hernia operations
- Emergency management of general surgical and vascular patients.
- Preparing the theatre list for ensuring the availability of blood for the post surgical patients
- Best outgoing student from the school.
- Distinction in ‘A’ level.
- Distinction in ‘O’ level.
- Secured second rank in the national competitive entrance exam for postgraduate training.
- Distinction in pathology.
- Yoh Zen, Federica Pedica, VR Patcha, Paola capelli , Giuseppe Zamboni, Alberto Quaglia, YasuniNakanuma, Nigel Heaton, Bernard Portman. Mucinous Cyst Neoplasm’s of the Liver: A Clinicopathological Study and Comparison with Intraductal Papillary Neoplasms of the bile Duct. Modern Pathology .2011 Aug;24(8):1079-89,Original Paper.
- Patcha VR, KateV, Ananthakrishnan N. Indicators for surgery in adhesive bowel obstruction. Tropical Gastroenterology 2001; 22:224-226. (original paper)
- Patcha VR, Edwards P, Selvam LA, Nutt M. Is laparotomy still essential in the complete staging of oesophagogastric cancer? European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Volume 31, November 2005, Pages 1056-1057.(abstract)
- Patcha VR, Kader JA, Selvam LA,Harries B, Sheridan WG.Age demographics from a rectal bleeding clinic support the adenoma-carcinoma ? European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Volume 31, November 2005, Pages 1078-1079.(abstract)
- Patcha VR, S Sainudeen, WG Sheridan.Transanal excision of rectal villous adenomata is an effective alternative to more major surgery in high risk patients. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Volume 31, November 2005, Pages 1055.(abstract)
- Patcha VR, JP Gilmour, S Kumar, M Nutt, B’O Riordan. Role of Staging laparoscopy in upper GI malignancy. .European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Volume 31, November 2005, Pages 1078.(abstract)
- Patcha VR, E Wanzahari, GL Williams, WG Sheridan, B O’Riordan. Management and outcome of carcinoid tumours.European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Volume 31, November 2005, Pages 1081.(abstract)
- Patcha VR, Williams GL, Muthuvairavan K, Sheridan WG, Riordan B’O.Acute appendicitis as a sign of a colorectalcarcinoma.European Journal of Cancer Supplements, Volume 3, Issue 2, October 2005, Pages 183-184.(abstract)
- VR Patcha, GL Williams, LA Selvam, JA Kader, WG Sheridan.Comparision of rectal bleeding clinic with conventional out patient clinic for detection of early colorectal cancer.European Journal of Cancer Supplements,Volume3, Issue2,Oct 2005,Page200. (abstract)
- Patcha VR, Kader JA, Selvam LA,Harries B, Sheridan WG.Age demographics from a rectal bleeding clinic support the adenoma-carcinoma European Journal of Cancer Supplements,Volume3, Issue2,Oct 2005,Page191. (abstract)