Dr Rajanikanth Patcha V
Department: Institute of Liver Sciences
Designation: Clinical lead and Senior Consultant - Liver transplantation and HPB surgery
Qualification: MS, MRCS (I), MRCS (UK), Dip Lap ( France) , FEBS (HPB ), FEBS ( Liver Transplant)Book an appointment
- Trained and worked in Liver department at Kings College Hospital, London for 6 years
- Has 3 European fellowships in Liver Transplant and HPB surgery to his credit
- 10 years of experience in performing around 1500 liver transplants
- Diploma in Laparoscopy from France
Dr Rajanikanth Patcha is currently working as a Clinical lead and Senior Consultant in the Institute of Liver Sciences, at Gleneagles Global Health city, Chennai. He has extensive experience in Living donor liver transplantation, Cadaveric liver transplantation, Paediatric liver transplantation and surgery for cancers of liver, pancreas, gall bladder. He is trained in UK for 13 years. He has 10 years of experience in Liver Transplantation and 20 years of experience in liver and pancreatic cancer surgery.
Dr Rajanikanth Patcha did his Masters in General Surgery from the famous & prestigious institute JIPMER, Pondicherry. In 2001, he moved to England to undergo specialist training in Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation. Dr Rajanikanth’s passion towards liver transplantation made him pursue training in world renowned Kings College hospital, London for 6 years. During his stay in the UK, Dr Rajanikanth successfully completed membership of the Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh and Ireland. He also qualified for Fellow of European Board of surgery in Liver transplantation and Hepato biliary surgery in the year of 2014, making him the first south Indian to achieve this prestigious certificate in both fields. In 2007 he gained diploma in Laparoscopy from University of Louis Pasteur, France.
Dr Rajanikanth returned in 2015 to India to fulfill his wish to serve his country. Dr Rajanikanth has published several articles in various national and international journals. He has also been part of various national & international conferences.
22 Years of Experience
Clinical lead and Senior Consultant, Liver transplantation and HPB surgery at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
- Oct 2009 to Sept 2015:
Senior Clinical fellow and Research fellow in Liver Transplantation and HPB surgery , Kings College Hospital, London
- August 2007 to August 2009:
Senior Registrar, Upper GI and HPB surgery in Antrum Area Hospital, Northern Ireland, UK
- Oct 2006 to July 2007:
Senior Registrar, GI surgery in Glan Clwyd Hospital, Rhyl, UK
- August 2005 to August 2006:
Specialist Registrar in Colorectal Surgery, Ulster Hospital, Belfast, UK
- Jan 2003 to July 2005:
Senior SHO in GI surgery at West Wales General Hospital, Carmarthen, UK
- March 2002 to September 2002:
Registrar, General surgery, JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- April 1998 to March 2001:
Junior Resident, General surgery and allied specialities, JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- Living donor Liver Transplantation
- Cadaveric Liver Transplantation
- Paediatric Liver Transplantation
- Surgery of Cancers of Liver, Pancreas and Biliary Tract.
- Living Donor Hepatectomy after Proven SARS-CoV-2 Infection: First Report of 9 Cases from 3 Centres – Transplantation Journal
- A Multicentric Experience on Living Donor Liver Transplantation in COVID-19 Hotspots in India – Liver Transplantation Journal.
Role of Therapeutic Plasma Exchange in Acute Liver Failure due to Yellow Phosphorus Poisoning – Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Acute pancreatitis complicating liver transplantation in a case of Fulminant Hepatic failure due to Yellow phosphorus poisoning – Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.
- First report of a pediatric collision tumor in the liver recognised after transplantation- Blissful ignorance has its benefits! – Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.
- Cholesteryl Ester Storage Disease: Rare cause of End-Stage Liver Disease in Children – Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.
- Tuberculosis & Liver Transplantation: Are We Winning? Liver Transplantation