Dr Meena K
Department: Emergency, Acute Care Medicine and Trauma
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: M.B.B.S; FEM (UK) PGDEM (USA) FICM, MEM
Dr Meena K has an overall experience of 29 years and is currently working as a Senior Consultant, Accident And Emergency Department at Global Hospital. She actively participates in teaching MEM candidates and also paramedics about Prehospital Emergency Care, Advanced Cardiac Life Support And Advanced Trauma Life Support. She has attended free camps related to Obstetric and Gynaecology. She has monitored and managed high risk pregnancies involving conditions like eclampsia, heart disease etc. She has conducted various presentations such as “Utility of shock index in Predicting Ruptured Pregnancy” under the guidance of Dr. Nirmala Jaishankar, 2007, “Leiomyosarcoma – Uterus – difficulty in diagnosing and management” under the guidance of Dr. Kondammal. 2007 in Institute of Obstetric and Gynaecology, Chennai, India, and”Fibroid Uterus – Management” under the guidance of Dr. Kondammal, 2006 in Apollo Hospital, Chennai, India.
29 Years of Experience
Senior Consultant, Accident And Emergency Department, Global Hospital
- March 2008 – March 2010
Registrar, Apollo Hospitals
- March 2007 – March 2008
Emergency Medical Officer, Apollo Hospitals
- January 2005 – March 2007
Senior Resident, Apollo Hospitals
- May 2003 – January 2005
Junior Consultant, Salem Polyclinic, Salem, Tamilnadu, India.
- May 1999 -May 2003
Sr. Medical Officer, TKP Hospital Salem, Tamilnadu, India.
- November 1991 – March 1999
Sr. Medical Officer, Salem Polyclinic, Salem, Tamilnadu, India.
- April 1991 – October 1991
Sr. House Officer, Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital
- FAST, Echocardiogram
- Interpretation of ECG’s & X-Rays. CT Films
- IV cannulation Central Venous Cannulations, Arterial Line
- Venepuncture & Blood sampling.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Endotracheal Intubation. Intercostal drainage, Ascitic fluid tapping
- Ranked first in INDIA in PGDEM…
- Ranked 2nd in Fellowship in Emergency Medicine examination in Jan 2007.
- Capable of Conducting and Heading Emergency Conferences of International Standards. Being Vice Chairperson for GAMET TRAUMA & EMERGENCY CONFERENCE Since 2014
- Awarded 2nd Prize in Case presentation titled “Leiomyosarcoma-Uterus” – Difficulty in diagnosing and Management in Institute of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Chennai, India. 2007
- Awaiting to be published in Indian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology – a rare case of carcinoma of Fallopian Tube.
- Excellence Award by Tamilnadu State Government, India for performing maximum female sterilization procedures in a year. (4000 cases) -2001