Dr MuthuKumar P
Department: Department of Nephrology
Designation: Senior Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant Physician
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D (General Medicine), D.M (Nephrology)Book an appointment
Dr Muthu Kumar is a highly qualified and experienced Nephrologist, currently working at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai. His expertise lies in the fields of Clinical Nephrology, Dialysis and Kidney Transplantation. He has completed his undergraduate degree from Coimbatore Medical College and postgraduate medical training in General Medicine from Govt. Stanley Medical College and super-speciality degree in Nephrology from Madras Medical College, Chennai.
11+ Years of Experience
- Assistant professor in the Department of General Medicine at Vinayaka Mission Medical College Hospital, Salem.
Senior Consultant Nephrologist and Transplant Physician at Gleneagles Global Health City.
- Placement of central line catheters for dialysis access.
- Placement of subcutaneous tunnelled dialysis catheters – Permcath.
- Renal Biopsy.
- Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Haemodialysis, Sustained Low Efficiency Dialysis (SLED).
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
- Experience in management of high risk dialysis patients.
- Eleven years of experience in renal transplantation including live donor and deceased donor transplant.
- Eight years of experience in combined liver and kidney transplant at Gleneagles Global Health City.
- Experience in management of high risk transplant patients and post-transplant complications.
- Experience in General Nephrology, Hypertension, Renal stone diseases, Paediatric nephrology including congenital diseases.
Achievements and Awards
- PROF. MADHANAGOPALAN GOLD MEDAL award-2007.
- Awarded with “The ISN-ANIO Clinical Nephropathology Certificate (CNC)” by ‘The International Society of Nephrology’.
- Schizencephaly, in the Journal of Associaton of Physicians of India in 2005. (T. Venkatakrishnan, G. Vasumathi, P. Muthukumar. Schizencephaly.JAPI.2005: vol 53: 194)
- Infection related glomerulonephritis(IRGN) in patients with infective endocarditis- P.Muthu kumar Med E-Journal, Dr. MGR Medical University, 2013.
- Clinical study on Acute kidney injury in pregnancy – a single center experience, published in Renal Failure journal in 2015. (N.Gopalakrishnan, J. Dhanapriya, P.Muthukumar, et al. REN FAIL. 2015. Online 1-5)
- Evaluation of renal lesions and clinicopathologic correlation in rheumatoid arthritis – P.Muthukumar et al. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. Jan-Feb 2017;28(1):44-50.