Dr Nigel S ymss
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: M.B.B.S, D.N.B (Neurosurgery)Book an appointment
Dr Nigel Peter Symss has an overall experience of 15 years and is currently working as a Senior Consultant and Functional Neurosurgeon at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai . He has also Research Experience wherein he has written thesis on various subjects in India, Japan, and Adelaide. He has also presented papers at various conferences like The 35th Annual Japanese Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Japan and the Annual SriLankan Neurologist Association Meeting. He also has teaching experience at the Flinders Medical Centre. Adelaide.
15 Years of Experience
- March 2018 to Present
Senior Consultant & Functional Neurosurgeon at Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
- July 2017 to March 2018
Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- September 2014 to February 2017
Fellow Functional and Spinal/Junior Consultant at Flinders Medical Centre. Adelaide. Womens and Childrens Hospital, Adelaide
- September 2012 To August 2014
Fellow Functional and Spinal/Junior Consultant at Global Hospital and Health City, Sholinganallur, Chennai
- August 2011 to July 2012
Spinal and Microneurosurgery Fellowship at Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide
- May 2005 to August 2011
Consultant Neurosurgeon at The Voluntary Health Services Hospital
- Functional Neurosurgery
- Skull Base
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Glioblastoma multiforme occurring in a child with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences Vol-1, Issue 2, July-December 2006
- Journal Publications International and Suprasellar epidermoid presenting with precocious puberty. A case report. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. Vol-2; National Issue: 2, Page 75-78, 2007.
- Exophytic choroid plexus papilloma of the fourth ventricle presenting with CSF rhinorrhoea. A case report. Surgical Neurology,71(2009) 705-708.
- Intracranial hemangioendothelioma. A case report and review of the literature. Child’s Nervous System. 2008, 24: pages 863-868.
- Extradural with intradural-extramedullary and intramedullary tuberculoma of the spine without bony involvement. A rare case report and review of the literature.” Pan Arab Journal of Neurosurgery, Vol 14, No 2, 108-111, 2010.
- Theories of cerebrospinal fluid dynamics and hydrocephalus: Historical trend. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatric).
- Intracranial Rosai Dorfman’s Disease. Report of three cases and literature review. Asian Journalof Neurosurgery, 2010;11:19-30.
- Multiple burr hole surgery for the treatment of Pediatric MoyaMoya disease. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. July-DecNol 5. A giant syringobulbia associated with cerebellopontine angle arachnoid cyst and hydrocephalus. A case report. Journal of Neurosurgery(Pediatrics). July issue.
- Management outcome of the transcallosal transforaminal approach to colloid cysts of the anterior third ventricle: 20 years experience. Published in Neurology India. July issue. 2012. Dislodged cervical plate and screw. A case report and literature review. Accepted to the Pan Arab Journal, July to Oct 2012.
- Extra axial adult cerebellopontine angle medulloblastoma: An extremely rare site of tumor with metastasis. Surg Neurol Int. 2011; 2: 25.