Dr A P Siva Kumar
Department: Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Designation: Consultant – Department of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.S (Ortho)Book an appointment
Dr A P Siva Kumar is an adept medical professional with over 17 years of experience and is presently working with the Gleneagles Global Health City as a Consultant. He has been involved in the assessment of injuries and stabilization of the patient’s hemodynamic status, documentation of history and injuries, emergency wound management, splinting of the fractures, cervical traction, application of pelvic external fixator and reduction of dislocations and fracture under sedation. With his team, Dr Siva Kumar has performed several complex surgeries such as joint replacement surgeries, complex tibial plateau fracture fixation, pilon fracture fixation, and more.
17 Years of Experience
Consultant, Gleneagles Global Health City
- January 2012
Consultant, Dr Kumar’s Ortho Hospital
- May 2009 to December 2011
Junior Consultant, Parvathi Ortho Hospitals
- June 2006 to March 2009
Post-Graduate Trainee (M.S.), Madras Medical College, Dr MGR Medical University
- February 2003 to March 2004
House Officer, Coimbatore Government Medical College, Dr MGR Medical University
- Minor procedures like dislocation reduction to carpal tunnel release
- Wound debridement, fasciotomies, K-wire fixation and external fixation
- Distal femur fixation
- Hip fracture fixations
- Nailing of the shaft of femur, tibia and humerus
- Plating of the long bones
Achievements and Awards
- Ranked 561st in the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination January 2006.
- Ranked 74th in Tamil Nadu PG entrance examination 2006.
- ‘Roy-Camille Technique for Lateral Mass Fixation in Cervical Spine Facetal Joint Dislocation: A Short Term Outcome Analysis’ published by Dr M.G.R Medical University.
- Acetabulam reconstruction with T mars augments in complex hip replacement surgeries” in TNOACON 2015.
- Coronoid fracture fixation using endobutton and fibre wire “ in Madras Orthopaedic Society Meet 2017
- Biodegradable implants in orthopaedics TNOACON 2020