Dr Kesavan A R
Department: Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Designation: Senior Consultant – Department of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.SBook an appointment
Dr Kesavan A R is an expert orthopedic surgeon, highly skilled in joint replacement and complex hip & pelvis surgeries with an experience of more than 22 years. He is currently working as a Senior Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Gleneagles Global Health City. His expertise in Complex Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery, fractures of pelvis and acetabulum, all complicated fractures is unique and is acknowledged by peers and patients. He is also especially interested in the development of hip joint and dysplasia, having treated many children with hip disorders. He was trained in Hip and Knee Replacement surgery in Germany, Australia and UK (including Computer aided Knee Replacement Surgery). Trauma surgery training was in Germany, followed by specialized training in Pelvis and Acetabular fractures in France and Switzerland.
He has been a part of and contributed to many valuable research papers in orthopedics. He has presented in multiple fora on Revision Joint Replacement, Acetabular fractures and is acknowledged as an authority in these problems. He has attended various conferences and meetings such as the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Asia-Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Emile Letournel Course, and Intelligent Hip Surgery Course among others. He is also an esteemed member of Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Association of PelviAcetabular Surgeons
22 Years of Experience
Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Gleneagles Global Health City
- 2007 to 2009
Senior Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and Director, Pelvic and Acetabular Reconstructive Surgery, MIOT Hospitals
- 2005 to 2007
Senior Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and Director, Hip Surgery, MIOT Hospitals
- 2003 to 2005
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and Director, Trauma, MIOT Hospitals
- 1999 to 2003
Junior Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, MIOT Hospitals
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacements
- Hip fractures, Pelvic and acetabular fractures
- All fractures of limbs
- Paediatric Hip Disorders
Achievements and Awards
- Recipient of the Mohandas – Weller Gold Medal for Best Paper Presentation at the Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation Meeting, Bangalore, October 2002.
- ‘Surgical Approaches to the Acetabulum’ published in the Indian Journal of Orthopaedics by Suryanarayan P, Kesavan AR.
- ‘Acetabular Reconstruction with a Combination of Support Rings, Autogenous Morselized Graft and Bone Cement’ published in the IGOF Journal of Orthopaedics and Trauma by Suryanarayan P, Kesavan AR.
- ‘Unstable Trochanteric Fractures- Assessment of Stability in Comminuted Fractures’ published in the IGOF Journal of Orthopaedics and Trauma by Kesavan A R, Barry D’Rosario.