Dr Lakshminarayanan K
Designation: Senior Consultant Pediatric Neurologist and Epileptologist
Qualification: M.B.B.S, M.D, D.M (Ped Neuro), Fellowship in Epilepsy and EEG (RCH, Melbourne)Book an appointment
Dr Lakshminarayanan K is one among the few DM Pediatric Neurology qualified Doctors practicing in Tamil Nadu. He underwent specialty training in Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi. He is a well experienced child neurologist and epilepsy specialist with over 16 years of professional experience. Presently, he is a senior consultant at the Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai.
His expertise is well recognized in the treatment of complex genetic and uncontrolled epilepsies in children. He is well qualified and experienced in pre-surgical work up of infants and children with drug resistant epilepsy for epilepsy surgery including stereo-EEG implantation. He has vast experience in treating children with super refractory status epilepticus including autoimmune encephalitis and degenerative brain disease in children.
Dr Lakshminarayanan has actively participated in many National and International Conferences and training courses in the fields of child neurology and epilepsy. He has many publications in well reputed International Journals to his credit. He is an Invited Faculty for ASEPA EEG Course for Neurologists in South Asia. He has been a member of Epilepsiome Task Force of ILAE and an active member of Indian Epilepsy Society – Young Epilepsy Section. He is an Executive Board Member of the Association of Child Neurology (AOCN) of India.
He is also an esteemed member of the American Academy of Neurology, Epilepsy Society of Australia (ESA), Indian Epilepsy Society (IES), International Child Neurology Association (ICNA), Association of Child Neurology (India) (AOCN), American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM), American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM).
16 Years of Experience
- 2018 to Present
Senior Consultant Pediatric Neurologist & Epileptologist, Department of Neurology, Advanced Centre for Epilepsy, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
- Oct 2018 to Dec 2020
Senior Consultant Pediatric Neurologist & Epileptologist, Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Guindy, Chennai.
- 2016 to 2018
Consultant Pediatric Neurologist and Epileptologist, Fortis Malar Hospital, Adyar, Chennai.
- 2015 to 2016
Neuroscience Clinical Research Fellow (Epilepsy), Neurology Department, The Royal Children’s Hospital
- 2014 to 2015
Rats of Tobruk Fellow in Paediatric Epilepsy and EEG, Neurology Department, The Royal Children’s Hospital
- 2013 to 2014
Consultant Pediatric Neurologist, Fortis Malar Hospital, Adyar, Chennai
- 2010 to 2013
Senior Resident (D.M. Pediatric Neurology), Division of Pediatric Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- 2009 to 2010
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Porur, Chennai
- 2006 to 2009
Junior Resident (M.D. Pediatrics), Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- 2004 to 2005
Internship, Govt. Kilpauk Medical College Hospital, Chennai
- Pediatric neurology
- Uncontrolled epilepsy
- Neuro genetic diseases
- Epilepsy surgery
- Autoimmune encephalitis
- Lakshminarayanan Kannan, Simon Vogrin, Catherine Bailey, Wirginia Maixner, A. Simon Harvey, Centre of epileptogenic tubers generate and propagate seizures in tuberous sclerosis, Brain, Volume 139, Issue 10, October 2016, Pages 2653–2667, https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/aww192
- Joe C Sim, Thomas Scerri, Miriam Fanjul-Fernández, ……Lakshminarayanan Kannan, Wirginia Maixner, A Simon Harvey, David J Amor, Martin B Delatycki, Peter B Crino, Melanie Bahlo, Paul J Lockhart, Richard J Leventer: Familial cortical dysplasia caused by mutation in the mTOR regulator NPRL3. Annals of Neurology 2015; DOI:10.1002/ana.24502
- Gulati S, Jain P, Kannan L, Sehgal R, Chakrabarty B. The Clinical Characteristics and Treatment Response in Children with West Syndrome in a Developing Country: A Retrospective Case Record Analysis. J Child Neurol. 2015 Feb 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kannan L, Jain P, Sharma S, Gulati S. Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis masquerading as rapid-onset dystonia-Parkinsonism in a child. Neurol India. 2015 Jan-Feb;63(1):109-10
- Jain P, Kannan L, Chakrabarty B, Kumar A, Gupta N, Kabra M, Gulati S. Menkes disease – An important cause of early onset refractory seizures. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2014 Jan;9(1):11-6.
- Protocol: Treatments for subacute sclerosing panencephalitis. Kannan L, Garg SK, Arya R, Sankar MJ, Anand V. Cochrane Epilepsy Group. Published Online: 7 DEC 2013.DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010867
- Jain P, Sehgal R, Kannan L, Kumar A, Gulati S. ‘Double Midbrain’ Sign in Extensive Optic Pathway Glioma in Neurofibromatosis-1. Indian J Pediatr. 2013 Aug 14.[ Epub ahead of print]
- Jain P, Kannan L, Kumar A, Sigamani E, Suri V, Basheer N, Suri A, Gulati S. Symptomatic Neurocutaneous Melanosis in a Child. JAMA Neurol. 2013 Feb 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jain P, Kannan L, Kumar A, Gulati S. Worcester Drought Syndrome – A Form of Bulbar Cerebral Palsy. Indian J Pediatr. 2012 Dec 21 Epub ahead of print.