Dr Vijil Rahulan K
Designation: HOD & Senior Consultant
Dr Vijil R has an overall experience of 25 years and is currently working at Gleneagles Global Health City. He is in charge of 15 bedded ICU supervising a critical care team comprising Anesthesiologists, Pulmonologists, DNB trainees, Nurses and Paramedics. He has extensive experience in all invasive and interventional Critical Care procedures including Swan Ganz catheterization, Intubation & mechanical ventilation, CVP & Arterial lines, Temporary pacemakers, Percutaneous Tracheostomy, Chest tubes, etc. He has conducted several CME programs for physicians and nurses. He is an esteemed member of various associations like Michigan State Medical Society, American Association of Bronchology, American Society of Critical Care Medicine, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society Medical Society of the State of New York.
25 Years of Experience
Gleneagles Global Health City
- Sept 02 – Jan 07
Consultant Physician specializing in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine Port Huron
- Sep 01-Aug 02
Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University
- Jul 99 – Jun 01
Fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Jul 96 – Jun 99
Residency in Internal Medicine Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
- Jan 95 – Jan 96
House Officer Geetanjali Hospital
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy
- Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Testing
- Bronchoprovocation and Exercise testing
- Pleural Biopsy
- TransThoracic needle aspiration
- Elected as Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians (F.C.C.P) 2004
- Elected as Fellow of the American College of Physicians (F.A.C.P) 2006
- Chief Fellow Pulmonary Division (2000-01) Bronx Lebanon Hospital.
- Strathmore’s WHO’S WHO 2002-2003 Registry
- Major General B.Basu Gold Medal for standing 1st in medical school in Ophthalmology (94)
- University of Calicut merit scholarship for being top 1% of pre-med students (1989).
- Certificate of merit by Govt. of Kerala State, India (1987).
- Recipient of Certificate of Social Service by HelpAge India, New Delhi (1987).
- Foreign body aspiration in elderly: An occult cause of chronic pulmonary symptoms & persistent infiltrates. Clinical Geriatrics: 11.11; 41-43 Nov 2003
- Endobronchial Cryptococcosis: A case report and review of literature (sent for publication to CHEST, 2005)
- Displaced VP Shunt as the cause of unilateral pleural effusion (Case report awaiting publication)