Dr Deepa Chegu
Department: Institute of Oncology
Designation: Senior Consultant- Breast Imaging & Interventions
Qualification: MBBS, DMRDBook an appointment
Dr Deepa Chegu is a subspecialist radiologist with interest in Breast Imaging and interventions. She did her graduation and post-graduation from the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Medical Sciences, Chennai, with about 20 years of experience. Her passion for women’s health and wellbeing motivated her to pursue breast imaging. She has undergone multiple visiting fellowships and training in breast imaging from Stanford university and UCSF, Bard institute, Sydney where she was mentored by some of the best names in the field.
She is well recognized for her ability to diagnose and characterize breast diseases, providing precision interventional solutions and believes in collaborative care. She has co-authored multiple hand books of radiology, and she is a contributing author for the book breast diseases – imaging and clinical management. She is a member of breast imaging society of India (BISI) and has conducted and participated in various national and international courses.
She is actively involved in the operations of the comprehensive breast cancer Centre (GGBC- GLENEAGLES GLOBAL BREAST CENTRE) at the INSTITUTE OF ONCOLOGY which has been modelled in line with some of the best centres in the world. GGBC is recognized as a one stop for diagnosis and management of all breast diseases providing outstanding screening, diagnostic, surgical and support services.
20 Years of Experience
- Senior Consultant- Breast Imaging & Interventions, Gleneagles Global Health City (Current)
- Consultant Radiologist – Breast Imaging and Interventions, SIMS HOSPITAL, Chennai
- Consultant Radiologist – Chennai Breast Centre, Chennai.
- Consultant Radiologist -Yashoda hospital, Hyderabad
- Consultant Radiologist -Vivus life, Bangalore
- Consultant Radiologist Bharat scans, Chennai.
- Consultant Radiologist GEM Hospital Private Ltd., Coimbatore
- Lecturer & Radiologist Department of Radiology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & R.I.
- Breast Imaging and Interventions
Achievements and Awards
- University Second in Radiology
Contributing Author – Breast Diseases: Imaging and Clinical Management”- Springer India.