Some of the basic health tests and that one needs to go through regularly are:
- Basic Blood Test: It helps diagnose anaemia, infections, and even certain types of cancer.
- Blood Pressure Test: A test to help check your pressure spikes. Ideal reading should be below 120/80.
- Blood Sugar Test: A reading of less than 99 is normal; between 100 and 110 indicates pre-diabetes and higher than 110 indicates diabetes
- Lipid Profile: Considered an accurate sign of your heart health, this blood test measures the total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL and LDL levels. The LDL and triglycerides should ideally be less than 130 and HDL less than 60
- ECG Test: An electrocardiogram (ECG) test checks your heart beat and other factors to determine the risks of heart disease.
- Liver Function Test: To check the liver conditions, such as alcohol-induced liver damage, fatty liver, Hepatitis C and B.
- Urine Analysis: It checks for the presence of proteins, sugar, and blood in the urine sample, which could indicate kidney disease.
- Kidney Function Test: A high reading of serum creatinine may show impaired kidney function.
- Thyroid Function Tests: Certain blood tests are important in detecting underactive or overactive thyroid.
- Test for Vitamin D Deficiency: It’s a test to determine Vitamin D deficiency which increases the risk of bone loss and osteoporosis in later years.
- Test For Calcium: This blood test is used to measure bone metabolism.
- Uric Acid Test: It’s a blood check-up to detect gout and other issues related to raised levels of uric acid.
- Stool Occult Test: It tests for hidden blood in the sample of your body. It indicates bleeding in the abdomen, gut or rectum.
Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai offer you tests like blood count, blood pressure test, blood sugar test, lipid profile, ECG test, liver function test, urine test, kidney function test, thyroid function tests, test for vitamin D deficiency, test for calcium, uric acid test, and stool occult test under expert. Our adept technicians, professional care, updated and friendly staff are ideal to guide you throughout your tests and diagnosis. Our wards have been upgraded with newest technologies to make your stay comfortable and make you feel at home.