The Gleneagles Global Health City’s Institute of Advanced Spine Sciences is spinal care and rehabilitation facility known for the expertise, clinical excellence and affordable best quality care. GGHC is one of the best hospitals for endoscopic and minimally invasive spine surgery in India. The department is recognized for its accomplished doctors with extensive experience in the treatment of complex spinal disorders.
Gleneagles Global Health City’s Institute of Advanced Spine Sciences provides state-of-the-art non-surgical and surgical treatment options for patients with spinal problems. The department comprises of a comprehensive unit of doctors with diverse experience and intensive surgical training, capable of dealing with entire spectrum of spinal disorders including spinal injuries, spinal problems of the elderly, disc prolapse, infections and tumours of spine, spinal deformities like scoliosis and kyphosis. Our doctors are supported by an able and qualified body of nurses, physiotherapists and technical staff.
The Spine Institute is dedicated to providing the best quality care, improving patient outcomes and reducing recovery times. The spine surgeons are trained to use state-of-the art technology, advanced nonsurgical therapies and surgical techniques to ease pain and encourage a mobile lifestyle. They work closely with physiotherapists, nutritionists and occupational therapists to plan long-term dietary, exercise and lifestyle routines for patients in their post-surgical life. Use of Neuromonitoring system and the Navigation system along with a dedicated anaesthesia and critical care team ensures highest possible safety in performing spinal surgeries here.
Why Choose Us?
Ways to Keep Your Spine Healthy
- Make good sleep a priority – Sleep is crucial for rest and rejuvenation. A firm or medium-firm mattress provides the support the spine needs to rest in a neutral position. Use pillows to support yourself and keep the spine naturally aligned while sleeping.
- Pay attention to your shoes – You spend all day on your feet, so try to keep them comfortable. Good shoes provide a good foundation to distribute the body’s weight while you stand upright. Make sure the shoes fit your feet well.
- Exercise regularly – Movement is the key to good spine health. Strengthening the core, back and abdominal muscles, can help improve balance and muscle tone, taking pressure off the spine. If you spend a large part of your day at a desk, try to do some desk exercises during your breaks.
- Get regular massages – A good massage helps increase blood flow, releases muscle tension and reduces pain and inflammation.
- Find an ergonomic work chair – If you work at a desk job, an ergonomic work chair is a worthwhile investment. Choose a chair that supports the natural curves of your back. When you sit, your feet should rest comfortably on the floor.
- Be mindful of your posture – It is natural to tend to slouch, but make a conscious effort to maintain good posture. This is applicable to sitting, standing, sleeping and walking posture!
- Quit smoking – Smoking has been linked to increased chances of degenerative spine disease.
- Stretch often – Take regular 5-minute stretch breaks 4 to 5 times a day. Or just take a stretch break any time you feel stiff.
Related Blogs & Videos
Related Blogs & Videos
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.