- Terminally ill patients with advanced or metastatic cancers might require specialised medical care for symptom relief – known as palliative care.
- Palliative care team is made up of different professionals who work with the patient, family, and the patient's other doctors to provide medical, social, emotional and practical support.
- The team is comprised of palliative care specialist doctors and nurses and includes others such as social workers and nutritionists.
- Most cancer patients require palliative care for pain relief and nutrition support.
- Procedures to provide nutritional support like central line catheters or feeding tubes may be provided for patients.
- Pain relief through patient controlled analgesia, opioid patches or nerve blocks are provided
- The main goal of care focuses on the care, comfort and quality of life of a person with a serious illness who is approaching the end of life
Related Blogs & Videos
All About Lung Cancer
Mr. Hemyar Mohammed’s Journey From Desperation To Recuperation
Mohammed Rajob Ali’s Transformation And Reboot After Battle With Liver Cancer
Head And Neck Cancer Surgery | Gleneagles Global Health City Chennai
A Cancer Patient’s Journey From Despair To Hope
“Be a Real Man feat” – World Cancer Day Awareness video in collaboration with Rad...
All about Mammogram
Gleneagles Global Health City – The first choice hospital for Cancer Care
How We Relieved An Oral Cancer Patient From Pain & Restored Her Speech
Patient From Kuwait At Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai, India
Kihagi From Nairobi Shares The Story Of His Journey At Gleneagles Global Health City
How A 5 Year Old Child Suffering From Tuberous Sclerosis Got Back To Normal Life
Mohammed Rashel’s Recovery & Transformation After Chemotherapy
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.